slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

favorite brow products


Brows were something I never took very seriously. My brows have always been thick enough for the most part, but I've always had problems keeping them even and there's the small matter of pulling them out when I'm stressed. (These are real life "quirks", Zooey Deschanel. And yes, it's embarassing.)  When I did start filling them in, I used a shimmery brown shade and an eyeshadow brush and luckily I have no photos for proof atm. Needless to say, when I tried the Anastasia brow pen, it was a whole new world. I haven't ventured away from this brand since, because it's what works for me. I've tried eyebrow pencils from drugstore brands, and just never found one that I liked. I have enough product to last me for quite some time, so I won't be shopping for a new brand anytime soon.

Brow Wiz- This was the first product I used, and is my go-to when my brows are thicker. I would recommend practicing with these products and getting familiar with the application, because they can go on heavy. I've had many times when they looked great in darker, bathroom lighting, and over-filled or under- filled in natural lighting. When my brows are slightly thinner than usual, I will use this alone to fill them in. (And you can do this regardless. ) When my brows are thicker, I use this to outline and pair it with the powder to fill them in.

Brow Powder Duo- The powders are what I use when my brows are thicker. I only use the lighter side. ( The only reason is because my hair was darker when I bought this color.) This is definitely the mildest of applicators I have and the easiest for me since I still consider myself an eyebrow noob.

Dip Brow Pomade- This is the product that I have to be the most careful with. It's great if you're going for a really filled/dramatic look, but I' usually not, it just looks like I am. XD I actually got a great tip from a youtube video to get some on your brush and wipe it of inside the lid and work from that. I still accidentally get too heavy with it sometimes, but I've made great strides with it. It's what I am currently using in my everyday, and although the shade is a little dark for me right now, it matches my eyebrow color and can look natural with a really light hand.


You will want to use an eyebrow brush to fill in your brows. Like I said, I used a fluffier brush, so the change made a world of difference in control and overall look haha. Mine is a bit too thick for my liking, so I would recommend a smaller one for control reasons. I know that Anastasia has some double sided ones that look great, and I'm sure more affordable brands have similar ones that work just as well.

Those are my current favorites, and have been for awhile. I hope this helped, and like I said in previous makeup posts, it's important to do research and see/try these products in person if you can. It  can be tricky finding your perfect color, and at these price points, you definitely don't want to find it by trial and error.  Here is a helpful video in choosing a natural looking color and determining between warm and cool shades. Of course, you can make your own rules. Find a color you love and feel beautiful in? Use it. Have a great day! xx


SaveSave

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recs! I've never tried an actual brow product...I usually just use an angled brush and some eyeshadow because I'm cheap. XD It works, but it's not the most precise look. I need to try the Brow Wiz. So many people love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats pretty much what the Anastasia powder is, so if you have an eyeshadow that you like thats perfect. The brow wiz is really great though too and still pretty quick to use!

      Delete
    2. Update: I just got the brow wiz and I really love it. I can get a much more natural look with it than before. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

      Delete
    3. Yay! Im so glad it works for you. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

ppl love these

FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…