slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

shades of pink



 Peachy pinks have been my go-to all Summer with a dash or two of rose shades. Warm tones are my favorites and I like that I can just throw on bb cream, mascara and a pink blush or highlight and look put together. Experimenting with eyeshadow is also a new thing to me, so I love trying out different combos just for the heck of it or defaulting to my go to natural look. Here are some of my favorite products from this summer in my favorite shade of makeup.


 This highlight is my favorite for quick, everyday makeup days. It's affordable and adds a pretty glow to help you look fresh and rested, which I am usually not.

 Liquid lipsticks are still outside of my comfort zone and I definitely won't wear them to a long event, but this one in Loved is pretty and low maintenance for a while. I don't think they're going to become a staple in my routine, but it's a nice option to have.

 These are my go-to blushes. The one on the left is one that I have had forever now, Coralista by Benefit, but I won't be repurchasing it because the brand is not cruelty-free. It's a bummer but there are so many great brands out there, and peach tones are really popular. On the right is this Makeup Geek one. I don't like it as much as Coralista, it's a tad too pigmented for my taste and I would rather build up than try to be really light-handed and gamble my face makeup. But once you get the feel for it, its easy to avoid getting too pink, and it's price makes it great for everyday use.
This blush always looks peachier in my photos, but it is actual more of a rosy color. It's in the shade Baby Love. I really love this blush. I do wish that I would have gotten a peachier shade, just because that's my go to look for everything else, but it's great to have if I want a cooler toned look. It blends really pretty and is pigmented, but not as heavy as the Makeup Geek one, so you can build it up if you want more drama without sacrificing a natural look for everyday.

I was going to originally do a whole post on this pallet, but I wanted to incorporate looks and I just haven't had a chance or haven't felt like pulling out my camera and tripod after getting ready. I do plan to do a more in depth post though because I really enjoy this palette. Its all of the warm tones I love with some variety, so you can do a lot more than just peachy looks. My favorite shades are Luscious and Summer Yum. Hopefully I'll get around to a post with a few looks from this palette soon, but in the meantime I'm off to find some affordable and cruelty-free conceal and contour products, wish me luck. :S

Comments

  1. I always love your makeup posts! I just started wearing liquid lipsticks a little bit within the past year. I like them but they're hard to get used to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah same here, regular lipstick still scares me haha, and Im not the person that remembers to "touch up" anything, so I usually steer clear from products that requires it haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

ppl love these

FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…