slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

FO| Soldotna Crop


I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much smoother process than previous ones. Over the past couple of years, I've become very intentional about my wardrobe, and I got to a point where I stopped being excited about clothing at all. (Which isn't a bad thing.) But since I've been knitting it has sparked an appreciation that I never had before. When making your own clothes you have to be very intentional, and you spend hours and weeks and months watching things come together in your hands. And to top it off, you can make them cater to your body instead of the other way around, which has always been a struggle as a short, curvy girl. In a weird turn of events, clothing is actually helping me learn to love my body for once.

Yarn Used:
Schachenmayr Merino Extrafine 120 in Navy, Mittelgrau Meliert & Natur 

This was my first time using fingering weight yarn so I had to get a handle on my new tension, which varies from piece to piece. I knit this one a little tighter than usual, which only made a difference when I extended the length of the "Crop". The pattern calls for five repeats of the colorwork I believe and I did nine or so. It's still too short for my style to wear on its own, but overalls and undershirts do the trick. 


Comments

ppl love these

FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…