slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

TBR| July 2019


 Here we are with my very first structured TBR. The Medieval-a-thon popped up in my recommended videos on Youtube and it seemed too perfect for my current reading list. The first list of goals are based on the number of books read:
1 = Peasant
2 = Squire
3 = Knight
4 = Count/Countess
5 = Prince/Princess
6 = King/Queen

The second, more specific set is to build your armor:
Crown = A book where a character fights for the throne
Helmet = A book with a dragon on the cover
Breastplate = A book with a shiny cover
Leggings = Read a thick paperback
Boots = A book that yellowed over time
Cape = A book with red on the dustjacket 

And lastly, requirements for your weapon:
Sword = A book with something pointy on the cover 
Daggers = A book with assassins
Bow and Arrow = A book with elves
Ax = A book with mercenaries 

I don't think I'll be able to check all of these off the list, but I'm going in completely blind for most of these books, so that could change as well. 

 A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab*
I've heard a lot of talk around this book while finding out surprisingly little about it. The reviews I see are mixed, so I'm interested to see where I fall with this series. 
* Cape - A book with red on the dustjacket

 The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan*
I wrote about my feelings about the first book in this series in my last post. I am hopeful for this one and hoping it improves upon ideas that were started in the last.
* Sword - A book with something pointy on the cover

 Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens*
I'm reading this without knowing much about it except that it's a murder mystery. I enjoy the genre and this has high praise, so I hope it's great.
* Breastplate - A book with a shiny cover

Different Seasons by Stephen King
I read the first in this compilation of short stories and my goal is to finish it up this month.

 Dune by Frank Herbert**
This one seems to be a bit polarizing, but the people who love it really give it high praise. Herbert is considered related to Sci-Fi as Tolkien is to Fantasy, which makes me feel a mix of things. I wonder if it will be a book that I appreciate or enjoy more. 
*Leggings - Read a thick paperback
*Daggers - A book with assassins

Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman*
I came across this quite some time ago when I needed a series to fill my Outlander void. I don't know very much about this except that it's supposed to be heart-breaking and beautiful, and that it takes a bit to start. I have high hopes without knowing much, so I'm hoping it meets my expectations. 
*Helmet - book with a dragon on the cover


That's all for now! This is a pretty ambitious list for me, but I'm excited to try. Let me know if you've read one of these books and if you liked them, or if you're taking part in this challenge so I can follow along! :) 

Comments

ppl love these

FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…
Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…