slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

FIRST IMPRESSIONS / BECCA HIGHLIGHT


Highlight is one of my favorite steps in my makeup. After I ran out of my last one I'd been using a light pink shimmer from Covergirl that was super old. I'd never bought a "High end" one, so it was a priority. The Shimmering Skin Perfectors by Becca had an overwhelming amount of good reviews, so in the end I decided to try it out. Because of my pale complexion, I went with the shade Moonstone, which is a pale cream/gold color. I thought about going with Pearl, but knew it may be a tad dramatic for my routine.



At the first application, I hardly noticed it. In fact I thought I had been tricked. It's very subtle, so I used a thicker brush and more product and it went on great. I was getting used to how highly pigmented most high end products were, and was afraid to pack it on like crazy. I like that I can build with it subtly, because I don't like to wear my makeup too thickly.
I know that highlighter may not be everyone's priority, and there are a lot of great affordable options. I would recommend watching a few videos on Youtube, where makeup artists share their favorites, drugstore/affordable or high end. I would also watch more than one Youtuber, because some videos are sponsored, so they may be a little nicer to the brand or product than they would if they weren't getting paid for it. Happy highlighting!xx




Comments

ppl love these

shades of pink
Peachy pinks have been my go-to all Summer with a dash or two of rose shades. Warm tones are my f…
The perks of being a flower shop girl.
You guys, things are really good right now.
BEAUTY// Makeup Geek
Once in a blue moon I decide to replenish some beauty products, and I try to do so without breakin…