slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

FIRST IMPRESSIONS/ COLOURPOP LIPPIES


I've wanted to try Colourpop for some time now. It's been a popular product due to it's alleged quality and great price. I know the hot item right now is liquid lipstick, but I saw a lot of mixed reviews for theirs and wanted to buy products I knew I could wear and get a better understanding of first. I bought three Lippie Stix, two in the Matte X formula, and one glossy. I also got one Ultra Glossy lip.



1/Glossy Lippie Stix in "Skimpy"
2/Matte X Lippie Stix in "Upside Down"
3/Super Glossy Lip in "Weho"
4/Matte X Lippie Stix in "Goldie"

My first impression with the nude shades were not fantastic. They went on a little patchy and lighter than they appeared on the website. Unfortunately that's just the risk you take when ordering makeup without seeing it in person first. My lips tend to get dry easily, especially at this time of year, but the formula for the two Matte X's seemed really different to me. They both go on smoothly, but while Upside Down seemed to dry out my lips, Goldie has an amazing formula that feels great and looks great. I even wore it out to eat and it was perfectly in place besides a small ring near my inner lips where I was drinking through a straw. Skimpy was an okay formula for my lips being the glossy one, but it still didn't feel as great as Goldie. The gloss, Weho, is a beautiful shade, has great coverage, and feels good on the lips. My two favorites were definitely Goldie and Weho, and I like them enough to try more. I have heard different accounts about their matte liquid lipsticks, and that for some people they were really drying, but I've yet to see negative comments about their Ultra Satin Liquid Lipsticks, and I'm definitely interested in trying them out at some point. And that five dollar price point doesn't hurt as badly if it's a flop. I hope you all had a great week and thank god it's finally Friday. Have a great weekend!


Comments

Post a Comment

ppl love these

FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…