slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

rms beauty| an introduction to natural makeup


Something was missing in my makeup. I was always frustrated with the products I was using, even though they were doing what they claimed. I wanted my skin to look like skin, I wanted my freckles to show, I wanted my skin to look healthy. I knew I had to change what I was using, not just how I used it.
On the other hand, when I think of all natural and organic makeup, I jump to the conclusion that it won't work, and at higher prices I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the chance. I finally started researching, and RMS Beauty was one of the first to draw my interest. It was created by Rose-Marie Swift, a celebrity makeup artist who saw a need for healthy, no fuss makeup for the everyday woman.  It's recommended to use your fingers to warm up the product and blend it in to the skin, which I love. I immediately wanted to try everything, but being higher-end, I decided it would be wise to sample multiple products with one of her Signature Sets. 

After much debate, I decided to go with The Signature Set in Mod. It's colors are a little more on the muted side, and I was mostly interested in trying the raved-about Living Luminizer highlight. 

The Master Mixer is the first shade, which I used as an eyeshadow, but it can also be used as a highlight. I love the glossy look on the eye.
The top right shade is the Living Luminizer which is a gorgeous, glassy highlight, that gives your skin a natural glow without glitter, and is potent enough to shine through if you powder over it. 

The Second Row is made up of 2 Lip2Cheek Shades, Smile and Spell. They both give a warm, natural flush to the cheeks, which can be built up or easily blended out if too much is applied. Which I do every time.

The bottom row is a skin balm, which I believe can be used all over the face, but I just use it on my lips. It's nothing ground-breaking, but it does it's job. 

I also received a sample size of their "Un" Cover Up concealerI have trouble with concealers. I have pretty deep fine lines and dark circles, because babies. I haven't been completely happy with one yet, and I don't think this will be the exception. It is natural looking on the skin, and even though it applies a little sheer, it makes the skin look nice and healthy. It went on fine under my eyes, but unfortunately broke out some sensitive areas, like my nose and forehead. This could be due to the main ingredient being coconut oil, so that's something to consider before trying this brand. Luckily, I didn't have this problem with the other products.

I love these products. They're definitely your-skin-but-better, with a healthy, eco-friendly bonus. 
The biggest complaint I've seen is about the lack of mirror, but that's what makes it completely recyclable after it's empty. The compact is a little smaller than expected, but it's price lines up with the amount of product included. I love how sleek it is, and how sturdy it feels sturdy with a secure clasp, which is necessary for food-grade products. 

RMS beauty is a brand I'll definitely continue to use and try. Not only are the products good, but it enhances instead of concealing what makes you beautiful. Building an environment of body positivity has become important to me, especially since having kids. I spent years trying to cover every freckle, make my nose look smaller, and trying anything to look different. I put makeup on to go to the post office. I got anxiety if I forgot to put on makeup before being around people. I'm so much better about it now. Wearing less makeup means I don't look as different without it, which also makes it easier. Makeup or no, I hope you love yourself and always feel beautiful. xx






SaveSave

Comments

ppl love these

Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…
FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…