slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

recent reads



Extremity Issues 10-12
This was a really stellar, though short-lived series. It was beautifully written and I really appreciated the ending. The series is brutal and graceful and raw, with the ever present hope that people will do and be better. If you love comics without the long-term commitment, check this one out. 

Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
God, this is a masterpiece. It's visually and intellectually fascinating, with art and a story that is full of life. It's never dull and never predictable, two very important aspects of graphic novels. The characters are fleshed out wonderfully without too much background development, and it's surprisingly timely in a number of ways. This was amazing and I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner. 


 Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War by Mary Roach
I enjoyed this one much more than Spook. I love the little known facts and processes that she chooses to look into. It wasn't my favorite in terms of pacing, and I sometimes check out on a subject a little earlier than she does, but it was a fascinating read.
½


Call Me By Your Name by   Aciman
This book was really well-written, and flowed effortlessly. That was the only reason I finished it. There were parts that I enjoyed and parts that made my mind wander while my eyes continued to read. Even 300 pages is too much for constant pining, and that's what really made me lose interest. It was also really hard for me to empathize with  the characters. I didn't feel like I knew anything about Elio besides his love for books and his infatuation with Oliver. Besides that, it was  That could have been exactly what Aciman was going for, but I need character development in most cases.
½



TWD Vol. 29: Lines We Cross
We're coming down from a bigger storyline, so it's natural for the next issues to be more low-key, but I still enjoyed this one, and it still had moments of importance. 
½

Comments

ppl love these

FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…