slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Katie
Hi there! This is where I keep the things that bring me joy. Thanks for reading.xx

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

project life

category 2

currently

category 3

reading

DECEMBER READING WRAP UP



As anticipated this was a slow reading month. It was our first month in a new home and the holiday season, so it was just expected. I still had a couple of good reads though and will try to get a review for my 2019 reading up soon! 
Needful Things by Stephen King
A new shop opens in the small town of Castle Rock where a man offers customers trinkets of their wildest dreams and all they need to do is perform a small task for him. This is a darkly hilarious tale of realistic small-town tensions when they're blown into unrealistic proportions. I really enjoyed this, my main complaint, as usual, was the length. 


Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
This was a really tough read, but the story and characters were fascinating. It was thought-provoking and well-paced, making it a quick read. It was a great palette cleanser and just what I needed to get out of my slump this month. 

Lock Every Door by Riley Sager 
This one fell short for me. It was too inspired by popular material, which is always distracting to me. More shock value might have made it more entertaining, but I called every single thing before it happened. Bummer. 

The Lost World by Michael Crichton
I should have waited a bit after reading Jurassic Park to read this. It's well-written and easy to read, but it's a lot of the same thing as before. I'd heard that he was asked to write this for another movie to be made, and it totally makes sense. Just a little unnecessary to me. 

I have a lot on my list for the new year, notably more Sharon Kay Penman and parts of the series I'm reading. I will also continue the works of Stephen King until I get burned out. I have a lot to be excited about reading this year. 


Comments

ppl love these

FO| Soldotna Crop
I'm so in love with this sweater. There were a couple of bumps in the road but it was a much s…
Knit Crushes
Sweater No. 8| My Favourite Things Knitwear This pattern is hanging out in my library and I can'…
Recent Reads
This post has been sitting in my drafts half-written for half of this year, so I thought I'd d…
Recent Reads
If anything, 2020 has been a strong reading year. I'm continuing to play around in genres I enj…